In recent decades there have been innumerable high level scientific experiments into the nature of the subtle energy fields and their effects within the world. There is now international experimentation with deep holistic healing, energy medicine, telepathy, telekinesis, remote viewing, etc. There are serious enquiries into the nature of prayer and meditation, into how our thoughts, feelings and intentions are constantly influencing each other, and how we resonate with each other.
Scientists are also studying the sharing of dreams and measuring the physiological effects of simply being looked at or thought about regardless of whether you consciously know it or not. They discovered how the field energies of strangers generally elicit tension, whereas people who are familiar generally elicit relaxation. Scientists are also seriously enquiring into aura reading, out-of-body experience, precognition, prophecy and numerous other psychic abilities.
The vision that is emerging in this new science is one of interconnection, the oneness of life and the whole of creation. There is no separation, and distance means nothing. One can heal or harm with a feeling in the heart across any distance, one can exert an influence of any kind with one’s consciousness that reaches across the cosmos, but these things can be shielded to different degrees, depending on the strength of one’s focus, will and inner need.
If one flows with the Way and truly lives one’s dharma then all doors are open, but if one has turned against the Way, everything becomes an ultimately futile struggle. There are currents in the energies. Our entire lives and worlds are made of this energy; we cannot swim against our very substance for long.
Unified Consciousness Field
Consciousness is fundamental; it underlies physical existence, not the other way around. A focused consciousness creates a field of coherence that brings order and structure into otherwise random processes, and a focused will can imprint an intention upon the very fabric of reality.
The cosmos is a field of consciousness, and with consciousness we may participate in reality on all levels. In terms of impact on human history, the main ramification of the coming scientific and spiritual revolution will be the full and extensive comprehension of the nature of reality, in particular, recognition and understanding of the Soul. This will lead to greater harmony and participation in life, leading on to new levels of growth and evolution.
There have been experiments proving that all living beings, whether bacteria, plants, animals or humans are all intimately interconnected through the field by a subconscious bond that breaks down all concepts of separation. Experiments show that plants feel pain with the same response as a human, and by stimulating one organism, neighboring plants, animals and all living beings show the same subconscious response even thousands of miles away.
Everyone feels it to some degree. There is no separation, only a single, whole, coherent energy field and lots of points of physical perception, but it is only through these points that there is any kind of illusion of separate existence. One cannot truly keep anything to one’s self in this universe; there are no barriers or even distances between things. Everything is ONE.
In exactly the same way as an EPR pair in quantum physics, where once two particles form a quantum bond, their information becomes entangled and they remain instantaneously connected across any distance. That is the nature of the bond between two humans who have been close.
Researchers have found that with focused intention one can imprint an image or symbol into a landscape that an independent dowser can detect and recover, even when the intentional artist has never visited the site and may have been on the other side of the planet. The image remains detectable within the landscape for years, but it may be instantly erased by an intention from the original artist.
At present, we participate unconsciously; we are unfocused and uncoordinated in our thoughts and intentions. When a being is fully integrated in body, heart, mind and soul, when they are self-aware and able to sustain a concentrated force of will, then that being taps into their latent potential and fully participates in life on all levels. That is the goal of all true spiritual practice. But if you want something too much you lose the way. It is a subtle inner shift which has to do with the right hemisphere of the brain; some say it is the left hemisphere that blinds us to the field. In the end, realization comes from surrender rather than victorious struggle or clever thinking.
A major implication of the new science is that energy healing really works, whether reiki, acupuncture, vibrational healing, homeopathy, etc. They potentially work more powerfully than anything else, and it can treat all forms of dis-ease.
We are entirely composed of energy. There have been studies showing that all living beings emit a very faint field of light around them that has macroscopic quantum properties. There are patterns in the fluctuations of this light field related to species, age, health, mood, thoughts, gender, time of day, and all kinds of things.
This light field is intimately involved in every aspect of one’s existence. It is how the bonds form and function between manifest systems. It is essentially a kind of quantum etheric internet providing the communication framework through which all of our cellular and bodily processes operate. Immune system cells couldn’t find their targets without communicating through the field.
The Akashic Field
Each part of the body is in constant and coherent union with every other part of the body. We are macroscopic quantum systems, which means that we exhibit a collective wholeness and unity that transcends all mechanistic concepts of the functioning of the body. We are not made of parts that are mechanistically assembled; we are whole, complete and coherent quantum systems. In terms of the deepest metaphysics of our being, we are microcosms of the cosmos; it too has such a field, that which some call the Akashic Field.
This whole cosmos is essentially resonant light. Every object, feeling or thought is a note within a vast symphony of interconnected coherence. This is the dance of Lila and Shabd the celestial music. Through the Akashic Field, we constantly communicate with the entire cosmos around us. This energy field corresponds with the aura, chakras, nadis and other etheric organs. It is said that we are essentially made of light and that consciousness is coherent light.
Our consciousness is not a function of the body; that is just a focal point. We ARE the field. That is where every conscious experience happens; that is where every being has contact with every other being. Everything that has ever been thought or felt or has happened is forever stored within the Akashic Field. The field is a holographic information process with amazing cosmic proportions, and every being has access to it.
The Emerging Scientific and Spiritual Revolution
In the following section, we will provide brief review and commentary on three books that document a growing scientific and spiritual revolution with profound transformative potential:
- Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything
- The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
- Piercing Time & Space: Where Science and Spirit Meet
Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything
Here are some informative quotes from and comments regarding the book, Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything, by Ervin Laszlo.
The overall idea behind the concept of an Akashic Field is that behind the materialistic and mechanistic world there is in fact another realm of interaction. This book presents compelling evidence for this from the fields of cosmology, quantum physics, biology and studies of consciousness. It is like a subtle communication network that underlies physical reality and that connects every point in space with every other point, and every thing with every other thing.
This communication network operates in the realm of pure information that underlies empirical existence and thus does not rely on the transport of physical energy. Hence, through this field, interactions can occur instantaneously regardless of physical separation and without any channel for the mechanistic transport of energy. Furthermore, like things tend to interact more strongly with like things, thus humans interact more strongly with humans, galaxies with galaxies and so on. The principle empirical and observable effect of this field is coherence between phenomena across any distances.
The recent realizations by the post-modern world of the Akashic Field, information theoretic metaphysics and system theory provide a rational foundation for what many call ‘faith’. They are a deep and systematic re-expression of ancient truths. No longer need we rely upon authority or literary or artistic persuasiveness, or persist at spiritual practices when we cannot be certain of the reality of their goal. Instead we can now rationally and intellectually obtain a firm understanding of the holistic nature of the cosmos and ourselves, which gives insight and motivation for our journey into the deeper levels of existence.
1. In regards to COSMOLOGY, Laszlo states that “these mysteries have a common element: they exhibit a staggering coherence throughout the reaches of space and time.” Furthermore, “There is no reasonable explanation in ‘BB [Big Bang] theory’ for the observed flatness of the universe; for the missing mass in it; for the accelerating expansion of galaxies; for the coherence of some basic cosmic ratios; and for the ‘horizon problem,’ the uniformity of the macrostructures throughout cosmic space. The problem known as the ‘tuning of the constants’ is particularly vexing. The three dozen or more physical parameters of the universe are so finely tuned that together they create the highly improbable conditions under which life can emerge … These are all puzzles of coherence, and they raise the possibility that this universe did not arise in the context of a random fluctuation of the underlying quantum vacuum. Instead, it may have been born in the womb of a prior ‘meta-universe’… [i.e.] a vaster, more fundamental universe that is behind or beyond the universe we observe and inhabit.”
“The staggering coherence of our universe tells us that all its stars and galaxies are interconnected in some way. And the astonishing fine-tuning of the physical laws and constants of our universe suggests that at its birth our universe may have been connected with prior universes …”
2. In QUANTUM PHYSICS, the issues revolve around the phenomena of non-locality; superpositions of states; the collapse of the superposition where “it appears to choose its real states on its own”; EPR pairs where “once they are in the same state, they remain linked no matter how far they travel from each other” and also the effect of simply having an available observation channel, even if it is not used, it can still collapse the wave function of an experiment.
3. In regards to BIOLOGY, Laszlo states that “Instant, multidimensional correlations are coming to light between the parts of a living organism, and even between organisms and environments … [these] are nearly as ‘entangled’ as microparticles that originate in the same quantum state [such as EPR pairs] … What happens to one cell or organ also happens in some way to all other cells and organs … [also] what happens in the external milieu of the organism is reflected in some way in its internal milieu. Thanks to this coherence, the organism can evolve in tune with its environment … [Darwinian evolution and random mutation is not enough] … That our world is not populated solely by the simplest of organisms, such as bacteria … is due in the last analysis to the kind of ‘entanglement’ that exists among genes, organisms, organism species, and their niches within the biosphere.”
Furthermore, “the organism’s coherence goes beyond the coherence of a biochemical system; in some respects it attains the coherence of a quantum system … Simple collisions among neighbouring molecules … must be complemented by a network of instant communication that correlates all parts of the living system, even those that are distant from one another. Rare molecules, for example, are seldom contiguous, yet they find each other throughout the organism. There would not be sufficient time for this to occur by a random process of jiggling and mixing; the molecules need to locate and respond to each other specifically, even if they are distant.”
4. In regards to CONSCIOUSNESS, Laszlo states that “in the conservative view human communication and interaction is limited to our sensory channels … [but] we are linked by more subtle and encompassing connections as well.” Also “The connections that bind ‘my’ consciousness to the consciousness of others… are rediscovered today in controlled experiments with thought and image transference, and the effect of the mind of one individual on the body of another.”
Furthermore, “Native tribes seem able to communicate beyond the range of eye and ear … In the laboratory also, modern people display a capacity for spontaneous transference of impressions and images, especially when they are emotionally close to each other … transpersonal contact includes the ability to transmit thoughts and images, and … it is given to many if not all people … this is the finding of recent experiments … Reliable evidence is becoming available that the conscious mind of one person can produce repeatable and measurable effects on the body of another … [also] Intercessory prayer and spiritual healing, together with other mind- and intention-based experiments and practices, yield impressive evidence regarding the effectiveness of telepathic and telesomatic information- and energy-transmission. The pertinent practices produce real and measurable effects on people, and they are more and more widespread. But mainstream science has no explanation for them. Could it be that our consciousness is linked with other consciousnesses through an interconnecting Akashic Field, much as galaxies are linked in the cosmos, quanta in the microworld, and organisms in the world of the living?”
5. In regards to the ORIGIN OF THE UNIVERSE and its metaphysical foundation, Laszlo states that “the universe we observe and inhabit is a secondary product of the energy sea that was there before there was anything there at all. Hindu and Chinese cosmologies have always maintained that the things and beings that exist in the world are a concretization or distillation of the basic energy of the cosmos, descending from its original source. The physical world is a reflection of energy vibrations from more subtle energy fields. Creation and all subsequent existence, is a progression downward and outward from the primordial source.”
“In Indian philosophy the ultimate end of the physical world is a return to Akasha, its original subtle-energy womb. At the end of time as we know it, the almost infinitely varied things and forms of the manifest world dissolve into formlessness … In Akasha, all attributes of the manifest world merge into a state that is beyond attributes: the state of Brahman.”
“Although it is undifferentiated, Brahman is dynamic and creative. From its ultimate ‘being’ comes the temporary ‘becoming’ of the manifest world, with its attributes, functions and relationships. The cycles of samsara [individual lifetimes] … are the lila of Brahman: its play of ceaseless creation and dissolution. In Indian philosophy, absolute reality is the reality of Brahman. The manifest world enjoys but a derived, secondary reality and mistaking it for the real is the illusion of maya …”
“The traditional Eastern conception differs from the view held by most people in the West … [that] reality is material. The things that truly exist are bits or particles of matter … Matter moves about in space, acted on by energy. Energy also enjoys reality (since it acts on matter), but space does not: space is merely the backdrop or the container … and is passive in itself … space is not experienced … it is only the precondition of experience …” [This last comment exposes the Western reliance on sensory experience and therefore its entrapment within the illusion of the empirical world or Maya.]
“The view that space is empty and passive, and not even real to boot, is in complete opposition to the view we get from contemporary physics … it is clear that what they describe as the unified vacuum – the seat of all the fields and forces of the physical world – is in fact the primary reality of the universe … What we think of as matter is but the quantised semi-stable bundling of the energies that spring from the vacuum. In the last count matter is but a waveform disturbance in the nearly infinite energy-sea that is the fundamental medium – and hence the primary reality – of this universe, and of all universes that ever existed and will ever exist.”
6. EVOLUTIONARY PANPSYCHISM: Laszlo further discusses the likelihood that consciousness is universal and that all ‘things’ are to some degree conscious; “there is no categorical divide between mind and matter… conscious matter at a lower level of organisation (the neurons in the brain) generates conscious matter at a higher level of organisation (the brain as a whole) … the emerging solution to the classical brain/mind problem is evolutionary panpsychism … [which claims that] all of reality has a mental aspect: psyche is a universal presence in the world… [and] psyche evolves, the same as matter… both matter and mind – physis and psyche [prakriti and purusha] – were present from the beginning: they are both fundamental aspects of reality… [although] we do not claim that they are radically separate; we say that they are but different aspects of the same reality. What we call ‘matter’ is the aspect we apprehend when we look at a person, a plant, or a molecule from the outside; ‘mind’ is the readout we get when we look at the same thing from the inside.”
We do not merely perceive the world through our empirical senses or the “five slits in the tower”, we can “open the roof to the sky”. He states that “The informed universe gives us not only a new view of the world, but also a new view of life and of mind. It permits our brains and minds to access a broad band of information … We are, or can be, literally ‘in touch’ with almost any part of the world, whether here on Earth or beyond in the cosmos. When we do not repress the corresponding intuitions, we can be informed by things as small as a particle or as large as a galaxy”.
He then discusses the question “Could the cosmos itself possess consciousness in some form?”, but this is difficult to answer since we cannot perceive the quantum vacuum directly and even if we could, “consciousness is ‘private’, we cannot ordinarily observe it in anyone but ourselves”. However, “We could enter an altered state of consciousness and identify ourselves with the vacuum, the deepest and most fundamental level of reality [like the Vedic method of meditating upon Brahman] … would we experience a physical field of fluctuating energies? Or would we experience something like a cosmic field of consciousness? The latter is much more likely … when we experience anybody else’s brain ‘from the outside’ we do not experience his or her consciousness … But we know that when we experience our brain ‘from the inside’ we experience not neurons, but the qualitative features that make up our stream of consciousness … Would not the same hold true when we project ourselves into a mystical union with the vacuum? … there is indirect yet significant evidence for it … in deeply altered states of consciousness, many people experience a kind of consciousness that appears to be that of the universe itself … They describe what they experience as an immense and unfathomable field of consciousness endowed with infinite intelligence and creative power. The field of cosmic consciousness they experience is a cosmic emptiness – a void. Yet … it is also an essential fullness … The vacuum they experience is a plenum: nothing is missing in it. It is the ultimate source of existence, the cradle of all being … The phenomenal world is its creation: the realization and concretization of its inherent potential.”
7. Regarding the FUTURE EVOLUTION OF HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS, Laszlo mentions numerous theories, “but they have a common thrust. Consciousness evolution is from the ego-bound to the transpersonal form. If this is so, it is a source of great hope. Transpersonal consciousness is open to more of the information that reaches the brain than the dominant consciousness of today. This could have momentous consequences. It could produce greater empathy among people, and greater sensitivity to animals, plants, and the entire biosphere. It could create subtle contact with other parts of the cosmos. It could change our world. A society hallmarked by transpersonal consciousness is not likely to be materialistic and self-centered; it would be more deeply and widely informed.”
The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
Mystics and sages have long maintained that there exists an interconnecting cosmic field at the roots of reality that conserves and conveys information, a field known as the Akashic Record. Some have also called it the Causal plane, the Monadic plane, Adi, or Buddhic plane.
Recent discoveries in vacuum physics show that this Akashic Field is real and has its equivalent in science’s Zero Point Field that underlies space itself. This field consists of a subtle sea of fluctuating energies from which all things arise: atoms and galaxies, stars and planets, living beings, and even consciousness. This Zero Point Akashic Field is the constant and enduring memory of the universe. It holds the record of all that has happened on Earth and in the cosmos and relates it to all that is yet to happen.
During the past few decades, science has begun to prove what ancient myths and religions have always espoused: that there may be such a thing as a life force. Frontier scientists all over the globe have produced extraordinary evidence to show that an energy field – the Zero Point Field – connects everything in the universe, and we ourselves are part of this vast dynamic cobweb of energy exchange.
Lynne McTaggart’s captivating book, The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe, is a highly readable scientific detective story that stretches the imagination. It reveals how the Field is responsible for many of the most profound human mysteries, from alternative medicine and spiritual healing to extra-sensory perception and the collective unconscious.
She informs the readers that the human mind and body are not separate from their environment but a packet of pulsating power constantly interacting with this vast energy sea, and that consciousness may be central in shaping our world.
McTaggart, an investigative journalist, describes scientific discoveries that she believes point to a unifying concept of the universe, one that reconciles mind with matter, classic Newtonian science with quantum physics and, most importantly, science with religion.
The book covers the results of various experiments in quantum physics, both early research and contemporary research studies. The Field is organized in three parts with 12 detailed chapters covering the following subjects: The prologue gives us a look at “The Coming Revolution.” Part one (The Resonating Universe) covers Light in the Darkness, The Sea of Light, Beings of Light, The Language of the Cell, and Resonating with the World. Part two (The Extended Mind) explains The Creative Observer, Sharing Dreams, The Extended Eye, and The Endless Here and Now. Part three (Tapping into the Field) covers The Healing Field, Telegram from Gaia, and The Zero Point Age.
McTaggart covers such topics as The Zero Point Field, Coherence, Psychokinesis, and the connections between Consciousness and Healing, and Intention. The author discusses and connects research from such scientists as James Clerk Maxwell, Fritz-Albert Popp, Michael Faraday, Jacques Benveniste, Max Planck, Karl Pribram, David Bohm, Russel Targ, Niels Bohr, Werner Heisenberg, and Rupert Sheldrake.
Here are some information from The Field that we found thought provoking:
- By tapping into the Field, Consciousness has been shown to affect plant growth, bacteria growth, rodent behavior, cats and dogs, enzyme activity, crime rates and even healing in strangers.
- Could this Zero Point Energy Field explain why “when closely packed together, atoms and molecules exhibit a collective behavior, forming what scientists have termed ‘coherent domains’.” This collective behavior can also be seen in crowd mentality, in the beauty of schools of fish, or flocks of birds as they instantly all change direction as one entity.
- Seeds, or the water used for those plants, when held (or thought about) by depressed people repeatedly showed suppressed growth. Contrary, holding or thinking of the seeds or water in a positive manner showed a statistical difference in growth.
- As quantum physicists continue to study the Zero Point Field, even for sources of fuel and space travel, we are beginning to connect the sciences in the HOW of Universal Connectedness.
- Molecules can respond to the vibration of another molecule in the same way AS IF it had actually touched the original molecule. Yes, biological chain reactions were initiated when just the Frequency was relayed. “Cells don’t rely on the happenstance of collision but on electromagnetic signaling at low frequency electronic waves.” (This explains how on average, some 100,000 chemical reactions per second in each cell in your body, could happen, rather than “blindly bumping into each other” like little solid billiard balls.)
Piercing Time and Space: Where Science and Spirit Meet
From biology to physics, a new model of nature is emerging that links different fields of science with spirituality. In her compelling book, Piercing Time & Space: Where Science and Spirit Meet, Traci Slatton explores the fascinating similarities between the Akashic Record, as described in Edgar Cayce’s renowned readings, and current scientific models, such as the morphic field with its resonance and the quantum domain with its energy potential.
The author shows how all life can appear so separate and yet be one, like the morphic field and the quantum domain that permeate everything. Life isn’t “out there”, but flows through each and every one of us. We live and have our being within the whole, thus making our journey more interconnected with the rest of life. Understanding this and feeling it gives meaning and fulfillment.
Slatton demystifies the mystical and helps to marry science with spirituality. She brilliantly weaves the teachings of Edgar Cayce, Rupert Sheldrake and William Tiller with her own personal experiences creating a book that is informative, inspiring and extremely moving. Masterfully crafted, Piercing Time & Space, is a book for these times and the fast-approaching future with a new consciousness and a new way of living.
Science and spirit meet in human consciousness through subtle yet deep perception and feeling. This book explains the latest scientific findings and how they affect our lives and consciousness. And above all, Slatton helps to answer baffling questions about life, why we are here and what our responsibilities are as human beings through quantum physics, morphic resonation, past lives and the power of intention.
Piercing Time & Space is very valuable book to help understand the new consciousness and the new times we are moving in to. The author gives understanding to the formerly mystical and the new scientific models.
- Ringland, John: Anandavala
- Laszlo, Ervin. Science and the Akashic Field: An Integral Theory of Everything. 2nd, Rochester: Inner Traditions, 2010. Digital.
- McTaggart, Lynne. The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe. Reprint Edition, New York City: HarperCollins, 2009. Digital.
- Slatton, Traci L. Piercing Time & Space: Where Science and Spirit Meet. Parvati Press, 2014. Digital.