Makes 4 Servings; Vegan Recipe
– 4 cups vegetable broth
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 small onion, diced
– 1 large carrot, diced
– ½ cup diced zucchini
– 2 cups shredded or diced green cabbage
– ½ cup cut green beans
– 2 tablespoons tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons canola oil
– Fresh basil leaves
– Salt and pepper to taste
- Add canola oil to a large saucepan. Sauté the garlic, onion and carrot over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, cabbage, green beans, tomato paste and simmer, covered about 10-15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Add the zucchini and heat about 3 more minutes.
- Taste and season the soup; ladle it into serving bowls.
- Use fingers to shred the basil and scatter over the soup. Serve and enjoy. : )