Makes 8 Servings; Vegan Recipe
– 4 cups of coconut milk
– 1/3 cup fructose (or 1/2 cup sugar)
– 3 tablespoons of coconut flakes
– 3 tablespoons of corn starch
– 3 tablespoons water
– Optional: cinnamon or nutmeg for garnish
– Optional: fresh fruit for garnish
- In a saucepan, add coconut milk and fructose or sugar; stir over medium heat until the fructose dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in coconut flakes and cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch with the 3 tablespoons of water.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the coconut mixture; allow to thicken until it is the consistency of yogurt.
- Transfer to serving cups or dishes and chill before serving.
- Sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg on top of the pudding if you wish. You can also garnish with fresh fruit of your choice if desired. Enjoy!