In a previous post, Ranking Food’s Carbon Footprint, I wrote about the 12 ways to reduce our food carbon footprint and the importance of switching to a vegetarian or vegan diet. For this blog entry, I will list 56 more ways on how we can live a more eco-friendly life by being more conscious of our carbon footprint and taking further steps to reduce it.
56 Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint:
1. Only use your dryer, dishwasher and washing machine when you have a full load; don’t do half loads. This reduces the number of loads and the electricity used.
2. Whenever possible, hang your washing out on the clothesline rather than using the dryer.
3. Clean the lint filter in your dryer. This will reduce your energy used, saving the environment and your electric bill.
4. Bring your own mug to your favorite coffee shop. This will reduce the usage of the paper cups, the energy used to produce them and save trees. Paper cups are usually not 100% recycled.
5. To save water, turn off the tap while brushing your teeth. Read more