I rarely ever use any makeup. I prefer the natural, fresh face look. I don’t like the way makeup feels on my skin.
On the rare occasions when I do use makeup, I would apply all natural vegan beauty products to my face.
My daily routine is to first wash my face with Dr. Bronner’s pure castile liquid soap, diluted in about half soap and half water. There are several flavors or essential oil scents of Dr. Bronner’s soaps. My favorites are lavender, peppermint and almond. There’s also an unscented flavor as well. I use Dr. Bronner’s brand because all its ingredients are natural, vegan, organic and fair trade.
For my face, I apply the Luxurious Homemade Rose Face Cream. For my lips, I use the Alaffia fair trade and vegan lip balm (coconut pineapple or purely coconut flavor). That’s it. Wearing absolutely no makeup at all just feels so irresistibly good! : )
Benefits of Not Wearing Makeup
1. Save Money: Makeup is expensive. Take some time to calculate all the money you’ve spent on makeup and then think about what you could have bought with that money instead.
2. Save Time: Studies show that women spend approximately 20-30 minutes a day putting on and removing makeup. I prefer to spend those precious minutes (in the morning and evening) meditating, reading, exercising or sleeping.
3. Save Animals: Many cosmetic products contain ingredients with animal products. Additionally, most companies conduct testing on animals in order to improve their products. If you choose to wear makeup, please seek out high quality products that are vegan.
4. Healthier and Cleaner Skin: Wearing makeup is not necessarily great for your skin. Makeup is toxic, and anything you put on your skin is absorbed by your body. You’ll be doing your skin a favor if you choose a fresh face, as opposed to putting on makeup on a regular basis. If you still want to wear makeup, then at least choose natural brands, such as Aubrey Organics, Ecco Bella, or Beauty Without Cruelty.
5. Let Your True Beauty Shine: You are beautiful! Let your natural and inner beauty shine through without any makeup. There are many people out there who think makeup is the only way you can be beautiful. People in general tend to heavily focus on their perceived imperfections. The truth is that the only person that pays so much attention to that tiny blemish on your nose or right eye, etc., is you. Be confident that you look way better than you think. A woman who is confident in her own natural skin is more beautiful than any woman who wears all the makeup in the world.
6. Embrace Your True Self: Embracing your natural beauty is the foundation of a life rooted in simplicity and in harmony with nature. Accept the beauty and perfection within you. You’d be amazed if you can see how gorgeous you are!